Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Here and there

I never tire of the streets of Shanghai.


The girls getting their toes done! What fun pampering!
Our friend Amy Tan and her husband Lou diMatteo were in town for a bit with Lisa See, another wonderful author of things Chinese. We got to have a yummy dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, M on the Bund, where Michelle, the owner, hosted us all. (Amy foreground, Lisa in the back.)
The spectacular dessert that we love that is just a bit of about everything!
Lou with a new friend I made that night, Han Feng, who did the costumes for Amy's opera, Bonesetter's Daughter, that opened in San Francisco. She is a young designer now working on films and operas around the world. Really fun gal who lives right down the street from us. Our neighbor!

(Sorry. I can't find a way to take away the underlining!)

1 comment:

julieahern said...

I like the underlining; it serves to emphasize what is important - EVERYTHING (and I'd underline that instead of caps but the commentary police won't allow such frivolity). Missing you so very very much. Shanghai isn't at all the same without my pal. We're leaving tomorrow for Nepal and then home to MN via Beijing.