Monday, November 24, 2008

YuYuan Garden stroll

After the junk market Julie and I went across to the famous dumpling restaurant in YuYuan across from the seven turning bridge to the tea house. Julie knew to order the set menu which included several different dishes of all varieties. Yummy. More than we could eat. I got to take the remainder to go for the girls post school snack. Julie at the restaurant.Free entertainment. It was a live infomercial. No tv cameras, but the gentleman demonstrating a hair gadget was drawing quite the crowd. Easy to please!
Lanterns on a tree giving us all joy.
I am searching for some tea cannisters. Julie and I searched high and low throughout the neighborhood. I found just what I wanted in Yu Yuan, but as it was in the more touristy area, it cost more than I wanted to pay. We left the grounds and went into the surrounding neighborhood where tea shops abound. This is one of many, but none with what I was looking for. Another adventure another day.
Right outside the door of one tea shop was this stinky tofu vendor. I don't know if he attracts customers or deters them from coming near! There was a line to buy his fare, so I think the tea shop owner is happy to have this stinky cart right outside his door!
I had to run off to pick up the girls from school and get back to Ridley who was at this moment arriving from the States. We were happy to have him home!

No comments: