Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lane, lane, lane

Yesterday as I was heading out the lane, I saw new materials being brought in. Don't know what these planks are going to be used for, but the wheelbarrows stopped hereat the front of the lane and were then being hand carried down to the end of the main lane. I will keep you posted on what new construction may be before us! Aren't you just waiting on the edge of your seats?!
Brick layer at work. Where are all those bricks coming from?
Mmmm. Outside our front gate! Of course they were gone and redistributed in a matter of minutes.
On my way to my first American Women's Club of Shanghai luncheon, I had to snap a photo of this laden scooter. The ability of the people on bikes and scooters to balance untold amounts of boxes, bottles, bags, anything, really, is awesome.
I joined Julie for this luncheon as it was at M on the Bund which I love, a Christmas luncheon, and the menu included turkey and stuffing with cranberries which I have been dreaming of! During the luncheon a fashion show of old kimono's kept us entertained.

No comments: